Sunday, December 27, 2015

I'm addicted to sewing...

This all started with patio chairs. 

I have a nice patio set of 4 sling chairs, a lounge, and a table. A couple years ago the sling fabric started to wear out, and sitting on the chairs became a gamble...will you fall through? Or will it hold?
This patio set is of the pricey variety, and there is nothing wrong with the frames, so a search through Google revealed that one can make new slings for the chairs. Genius!

So, after watching a YouTube video, I decided I could do it. I mean, I have a sewing machine, I can sew straight lines, I got this. So I replaced all the fabric and my patio set looks like new!

Now, what to do with all this leftover fabric?

Back to Google. Side note: how did we live before the Internet?

The answer? Tote bags. The gateway drug.

Tote bags led to other bags, which led to zippers, wallets, iPad and laptop sleeves, and I'm hooked. Now, I'm not into paying for patterns, and to be honest, I enjoy the problem solving associated with figuring out how to do what I want. So, after endless Google searches, I thought why not share some of what I've done?

So here I am, and here you are, so let's do this.