Saturday, February 6, 2016

Laptop Tote

This bag is my crowning jewel thus far. I'm really proud of this one! I think it turned out great and let me tell you, I nailed the gusset. NAILED IT.


Got this idea from the Sew Sweetness Tudor bag. Since I like the challenges of problem solving, I decided to do this without a pattern, just looked at pictures and figured it out. I adjusted the finished dimensions a bit so that I could fit my laptop in it (and I'm very excited to debut this one this week at a client meeting).

I used some leftover fabric I had from other projects I've done, and finally found the right opportunity to use some of the black pleather remnant I picked up at my home away from home, Jo-Ann Fabrics.

The black pleather is a nice accent on the bottom, and I top stitched with contrasting white thread.


Straps and handles are just black cotton duck. The outer front pocket has a magnetic snap closure.

I used a gray cotton duck for the lining and and created various pockets for my phone, pens, paper, power supply and mouse. Inside it has room for my laptop.



I finished it off with a recessed zipper on the top.