Sunday, October 30, 2016

Baby Changing Pad & Bottle Carrier


Since I had some fabric leftover from the diaper bag adventure, I decided that some accessories were in order. What new mommy doesn't need coordinating accessories to go with her diaper bag?

First up: The changing pad. Folds up nice and compact to carry along and protect baby's butt when she's in need of a change.

I used this tutorial at Haberdashery Fun.



I used the plaid on the outside and the charcoal gray PUL fabric for the "butt" side. Interfaced with fusible fleece for a little padding. Trimmed it off with the pale yellow bias tape and butts are ready to be changed!

For the bottle carrier, I used a tutorial from Sew 4 Home. I was stoked because Joann's had a 60% off coupon for interfacing and this item called for insul-bright thermal in between the layers. Turns out that Joann's does not consider insul-bright interfacing...it's a utility fabric. No soup for you! I protest!

Oh well, I still bought it and made the bottle carrier!

And with some fabric left over, I threw in a zippy pouch because why the hell not.